- Develop students’ practical skills including singing and playing instruments with technical accuracy and expressions.
- Develop musical ideas and acquire creating skills to cultivate creativity and imagination.
- Cultivate critical responses to music and nurture aesthetic sensitivity and awareness.
- Cultivate a lifelong interest in music and develop positive values and attitudes towards music.
- Build a foundation for NSS studies in music and prepare students for the pursuit of further studies in music and related areas.
- Sing accurately and musically in unison or in parts.
- Play instruments such as ukulele in unison and in parts with increasing control of techniques.
- Write simple melodies with accompaniment for specific instruments.
- Make use of notation and digital audio workstation (DAW) software to create music.
- Describe and analyse music in chosen styles and genres.
- Develop a list of criteria to appraise compositions and performances.
- Develop positive values and attitudes towards music.
- Develop creativity and nurture aesthetic sensitivity.
- Further develop students’ musical competence.
- Construct knowledge and understanding of diverse music cultures.
- Develop critical responses to music and effective communication skills through music.
- Build a foundation for pursuing further studies in music and prepare students for careers in music and related areas.
- Cultivate lifelong interest in music and develop positive values and attitudes towards music.
- Equip students for studying music at the tertiary level.
- Develop critical listening skills and understanding on how musical elements are used in compositional devices.
- Identify and respond critically to musical genres and styles of different cultures and periods, and express understanding and personal views on music.
- Analyse the artistic qualities of different musical genres and styles in relation to their historical and cultural contexts.
- Perform music accurately and fluently with appropriate control over technique and expression.
- Perform in different musical styles to demonstrate the ability to interpret music with aesthetic sensitivity and cultural understanding.
- Discuss, explain, and defend a personal interpretation of the music being performed.
- Create and develop musical ideas by employing appropriate compositional devices.
- Arrange existing music to demonstrate creativity and musical understanding of the original piece.
- Discuss and explain the use of musical elements and compositional devices in students’ own compositions.
The Blue Danube Waltz and A Whole Lot of Symphony Themes, presented by the School Orchestra, remarked the grand opening of Winter Concert 2019.
In the resonance of the bells, Ding Dong! Merrily on High, performed by the Secondary School Handbell Team, added some festive embellishments for the winter time.
Espana Cani, performed by the Secondary School Accordion Ensemble, brought traditional vibes to the night.
The Concert Choir surprised the audience with their beautiful voices, fluent steps, and delicately-designed costumes in Simple Gift and Descendants of the Dragon.
Pu Tian Yue, performed by the Chinese Drum Team, rounded up the concert with massive energy and optimism.