- Develop students’ practical skills including singing and playing instruments with technical accuracy and expressions.
- Develop musical ideas and acquire creating skills to cultivate creativity and imagination.
- Cultivate critical responses to music and nurture aesthetic sensitivity and awareness.
- Cultivate a lifelong interest in music and develop positive values and attitudes towards music.
- Build a foundation for NSS studies in music and prepare students for the pursuit of further studies in music and related areas.
- Sing accurately and musically in unison and in parts.
- Sing in third languages such as French, German and Spanish.
- Instrumental skills are highly encouraged.
- Write simple melodies with accompaniment for specific instruments.
- Make use of notation software to create music.
- Describe and analyse music in chosen styles and genres.
- Develop a list of criteria to appraise compositions and performances.
- Develop positive values and attitudes towards music.
- Develop creativity and nurture aesthetic sensitivity.
- Further develop students’ musical competence.
- Construct knowledge and understanding of diverse music cultures.
- Develop critical responses to music and effective communication skills through music.
- Build a foundation for pursuing further studies in music and prepare students for careers in music and related areas.
- Cultivate lifelong interest in music and develop positive values and attitudes towards music.
- Equip students for studying music at the tertiary level.
- Develop critical listening skills and understanding on how musical elements are used in compositional devices.
- Identify and respond critically to musical genres and styles of different cultures and periods, and express understanding and personal views on music.
- Analyse the artistic qualities of different musical genres and styles in relation to their historical and cultural contexts.
- Perform music accurately and fluently with appropriate control over technique and expression.
- Perform in different musical styles to demonstrate the ability to interpret music with aesthetic sensitivity and cultural understanding.
- Discuss, explain, and defend a personal interpretation of the music being performed.
- Create and develop musical ideas by employing appropriate compositional devices.
- Arrange existing music to demonstrate creativity and musical understanding of the original piece.
- Discuss and explain the use of musical elements and compositional devices in students’ own compositions.
The newly founded A-Singers won a Gold Award in Singapore International Choral Festival, two First Prizes in Hong Kong International Music Festival and International Young Musicians Music Competition Vienna respectively, and a Gold Award in the Joint School Music Competition 2023
The Whole School Orchestra and Choir joined forces in presenting the grand opening song in the Variety Show held at the Hong Kong City Hall Concert Hall in May 2023
One of our outstanding music alumni, Ryan Lee, now pursues further studies in music at the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts (HKAPA)
In 2023-2024, the Chamber Boys’ Choir was added to the music teams to develop singers with changed voices
Members of the School Orchestra performed in the Chill Club Chart Award Presentation 22/23 with Eden and Jer @Mirror and other famous singers
Our English Musical Team presented a fully-staged production of Singin’ in the Rain during the Variety Show 2022-2023