Our Physical Education curriculum aims to:
- develop students’ motor and sports skills, and equip them with sports knowledge through different physical activities;
- cultivate positive values and attitudes, and promote the development of doing exercise regularly;
- help students acquire good health and physical fitness, and establish an active, healthy lifestyle;
- promote desirable behaviour, co-operation with peers, the ability to appreciate aesthetic movements;
- motivate responsible students to contribute to the development of an active, healthy school campus.
We provide a safe and interesting environment for children to learn to be collaborative, innovative, and competitive, and able to face different challenges as individuals and in groups or teams.
G1-2 curriculum will focus on improving different fundamental movements and developing interests and confidence in exercises and sports.
G3-4 curriculum will focus on applying different fundamental skills into different sports and respecting the rules and regulations.
G5-6 curriculum will align with the Middle School development and experience different sports especially the elite sports of the school, namely the Fencing, Soccer, Softball and Tennis.
School-based Fitness Programme:
Different fitness items are practiced in order to enhance our students’ flexibility, muscular strength and endurance, and aerobic capability in the long run.
In junior grades, two skills, together with knowledge of sports and students’ efforts will be assessed in each term.
In senior grades, two skills, together with knowledge of sports and students’ efforts and four fitness items, namely the Sit and Reach test, Sit-ups, Handgrip Strength test and 9-minute run will be assessed in each term.
Highlights of Academic Activities