- To learn how information and resources are organized;
- To understand and use the research process necessary to locate, evaluate and communicate information and ideas;
- To recognise that being an independent reader will contribute to personal enjoyment and lifelong learning;
- To be aware of the freedom to seek information and possess the confidence to pursue information needs beyond immediately available sources;
- To understand ethical and social behaviour with respect to information resources.
Our library class aims to develop students’ reading habit and information literacy skills to nurture our students to be lifelong learners. Through integrated and interdisciplinary reading and learning activities, students acquire information literacy skills and become effective and responsible users of ideas and information.
Library Visits by Classes
With the aim to encourage students to read a wide variety of books, library visits have been arranged for all classes.
G1-2 Story Mum’s Time
Some parent volunteers have kindly helped to tell fun and meaningful stories to G1 and G2 classes. They add colours to the story by acting, singing, and using little props.
Reading Day Activities
Book Character Dress Up Parade
Students dressed up as their favourite book characters. They had a chance to share their book characters’ strengths. Upper grades worked in groups to prepare costumes during STEAM lessons and presented proudly on Reading Day.
Battle of the Books
Classes participated in this exciting competition to battle for the title. Students from each grade read six English and six Chinese books in preparation for the competition.
The lower grades engaged in making bookmarks featuring their favourite books, characters or reading slogans. They also made reading response posters based on the books they had read. The upper grades created their own story books with illustrations. They are our pride and joy.
Read Across the Campus
Students had a wonderful opportunity to choose books and read them anywhere and everywhere on the school campus. Classes picked their favourite venues such as the sky garden, the atrium, the playground and even the main staircase.
Authors Ms. Janny Poon and Mr. Arvin Cheng (人仔叔叔) came to our school to inspire our young audience with their stories and narration.